Check Your Brakes – Its about peace of mind & safety
Brake Pads & Brake Discs
Like your tyres, your brakes are also subject to wear and tear and regular checks need to be carried out:
- Brake fluid check
- Brake pad replacement
- Brake disc inspection and replacement
How do you know when to replace brake pads and brake discs?
Your brakes need to be checked and replaced when you experience the following: shuddering, shaking & grinding or when the brake disc has been subjected to uneven wear patterns including warping, scoring and cracking.
Brake Pads must be replaced:
- When the pad friction material thickness has worn down to 2mm
- When the pad exhibits uneven wear
- Must always be replaced simultaneously on all callipers on one axle, or your vehicle could exhibit uneven braking behaviour.
- Use only disc brake pads which are matched to the vehicle
Brake Discs need to be replaced:
- When the brake disc has worn down to the minimum brake disc thickness
- When the brake disc has been subjected to uneven wear patterns including warping, scoring and cracking
- The following local and international brands are available at Hi-Q Parow, Hi-Q Brackenfell, Hi-Q Strand, Tyrezone ContiPartner Durbanville & Fit & Go Brackenfell: Ate, Motorpart, Safeline Brakepads, Metelli, Ferodo.